Slatted Racks sometimes fly below the radar as one of the most useful pieces of woodenware for your operation.
The slatted rack is helpful with overwintering and swarm control. It allows the queen to lay lower in the comb and provides space for clustering which can reduce swarming. Install between the bottom board and brood chamber.
Slats line up with frames.
- reduces bearding outside the colony.
- provides a congregation/bearding area within the colony.
- lessens the amount of traffic and congestion in the colony.
- provides added insulation for the winter.
- encourages the queen to lay lower.
- distances the colony from the entrance during winter months.
- increases airflow during the summer months.